Next week we welcome Shrove Tuesday and we’ve been thinking how we can put a Chase twist on traditional pancakes for you to rustle up and enjoy at home. Clue: it involves gin and of course, it’s best enjoyed with a G&T. Keep scrolling to discover our step by step how-to.
If you’re thinking of venturing away from your classic toppings and feeling a little more adventurous, try our recipe for Caramelized Orange & Marmalade Gin Pancakes topped with Mascarpone Cream and Pistachios. A bitter-sweet and tasty combination, we recommend serving with a Seville Marmalade Gin & Tonic for extra zingy goodness.
100g plain flour
A little oil for frying
3 large oranges, peeled and sliced
200g caster sugar
Zest of 2 oranges
Knob of butter
50ml Chase Seville Marmalade Gin (or to taste)
125g mascarpone cheese
250ml double cream
50g icing sugar
Vanilla bean paste
1. Whisk all pancake ingredients together into a smooth batter and set aside whilst you make the oranges.
2. Take a heavy-based pan and add in the caster sugar with 200ml of water. Pop on a medium heat and stir occasionally until the sugar has melted and keep an eye out to ensure it doesn’t burn. Add in the oranges, turn up the heat and allow the mixture to boil until a light brown colour.
3. Grate in the orange zest, stir in the butter and gin until thoroughly combined and oranges are sticky.
4. To make the Mascarpone Cream, add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until a thick consistency (be careful to not over whisk).
5. Finally, heat a frying pan with a little oil. Pour a ladel-full of pancake batter in the pan then spread thinly and evenly. Cook until golden brown on the underside, flip and repeat on the other side.
6. Serve all elements on a warmed plate and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Enjoy!