Brand New role: We’re recruiting for a commercial & operations finance manager
Chase Distillery is based in Preston Wynne, Herefordshire, and was started by William Chase in 2008 with the mission to challenge the status quo in the spirits industry as pioneers of the first field to bottle distillery in Britain.
We are now in many of the top bars and retail outlets around the world and have increased our international presence into over 40 countries worldwide; with key territories in the US, Australia, Europe and Asia.
Producing a multi award-winning product doesn’t happen by chance. It takes meticulous dedication, craftsmanship and passion from our people. It has been an exceptional few years here on the farm and the opportunities for our team and our company are more exciting than ever.
Commercial and Operations Finance Manager is a new role for Chase. Reporting to both Managing Directors, this role is diverse in nature, sits alongside an experienced Financial Controller and is very much focussed on the profitable financial development of our Chase business.
Role Title: Commercial & Operations Finance Manager
Reporting to: Andrew Carter and Adrian Jones
Based at: Chase Distillery, Herefordshire
- Working closely with UK sales team on commercial tenders, customer profitability and new business development.
- Monitoring, liaison with the sales team and monthly reporting of customer sales (and associated spend and support used to generate sales) against budget.
- Working closely with MD/International sales team on international business development and new distributor proposal and agreements.
- Working with the marketing team on the return on investment of marketing investment and the ongoing management and monitoring of the monthly reporting of marketing spend against budget.
- Working on the financial proposal for new product developments.
- Generation of monthly commercial reporting information for the Board pack.
- Ownership and development of new reporting tools to better monitor and develop the commercial performance of our business.
- Collation of budget information and budget model building.
- Generation of weekly operational reports through liaison with operations team – liquid production to bottling output
- Development of robust gross profit reporting
- Refinement of our COGS by SKU systems
- Sourcing and development of a robust liquid costing system
- Support evaluation and proposal for the funding and plans of expanded visitor centre experience.
- Liaison with the Financial Controller for budgeting and cash planning purposes
Experience – Skills/Behaviours for role
- Ideally a qualified accountant
- SAGE knowledge and usage is essential
- Minimum 5 years experience in commercial and/or operations finance role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comprehensive Microsoft knowledge – Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised
- Good team player (‘can do’ attitude)
- Focused and self-motivated
- Flexible, supportive, willing to go the extra mile
- Enthusiastic, positive
We’re a small, yet fast growing team of passionate individuals. Our business is fast paced and the right candidate will very much have an all hands-on deck attitude so there will be a requirement to support in other areas of the business when required.
How to apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Commercial & Operations Finance Manager’ and a cover letter explaining why you would be the right candidate for the role. Closing date for applications: 30 September 2019