Brand new role: we’re recruiting for a human resources manager
Chase Distillery is based in Preston Wynne, Herefordshire, and was started by William Chase in 2008 with the mission to challenge the status quo in the spirits industry as pioneers of the first field to bottle distillery in Britain.
We are now in many of the top bars and retail outlets around the world and have increased our international presence into over 40 countries worldwide; with key territories in the US, Australia, Europe and Asia.
Producing a multi award-winning product doesn’t happen by chance. It takes meticulous dedication, craftsmanship and passion from our people. It has been an exceptional few years here on the farm and the opportunities for our team and our company are more exciting than ever.
The Role – HR Manager
This is a new role for Chase. The HR manager will have responsibility for the well-being, personal development and cultural development of a growing Chase Distillery team.
This role could potentially be part-time and would be based in our Herefordshire distillery office.
Role Title: HR Manager
Reporting to: Adrian Jones & Andrew Carter
Based at: Chase Distillery, Herefordshire
- Manage all HR systems, process and documentation across Chase team
- Generate all employee lifecycle documentation i.e. new hire contracts, change of terms, resignation acceptance and reference letters
- Manage implementation of new HR On-line portal
- Manage the Employees handbook
- Facilitate new employee on-boarding and inductions
- Respond to ad-hoc employee enquires and direct as appropriate
- Maintain HR filing system, and ensure accuracy of employee records
- Conduct annual audit of HR files/archiving terminated files
- Schedule internal and external candidate interviews including managing communication with candidates re same, issuing interview briefing packs and booking meeting rooms.
- Administering candidate online psychometric testing as required
- Be aware and ensure compliance of Chase to all HR and employee regulation requirements
- Co-ordinate and advise on formal procedures such as warnings or dismissals
- Co-ordinate and set-up exit interviews
- Support development of Chase business culture and values to deliver our business vision and make Chase an inspiring place to work.
- Manage Annual performance review process and annual ongoing talent and succession planning framework with the management team.
Manage remuneration and rewards strategy and plans for the Chase team
- Annual and ad hoc pay reviews
- Competitor remuneration benchmarking
- Liase with finance to ensure payroll administered successfully monthly by payroll
- Manage employee benefits programmes across medical cover, health & well being, pensions and company cars
Manage the delivery of training programmes across teams
- Source and manage external training venues for Chase training programmes as identified by management team
- Raise Purchase Orders for Training providers and venues and prepare invoices for payment
- Co-ordinate and prepare training events i.e. training venues, catering requirements, training materials, participant communications
- Manage set-up and co-ordination of in house WSET Intermediate programmes
Responsible for management of health & well-being
- Manage H&S incident reporting process and maintain relevant OH&S records
- Manage new hire H&S induction process
- Manage First Aiders & Fire Wardens
- Support administration of H&S compliance processes e.g, Driver Assessment, Desktop Ergonomic Assessment
- Support administration of Employee Wellbeing processes e.g. Employee Wellbeing survey
Experience – Skills/Behaviours for role
- Ideally Degree qualified with UK CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development) qualification
- Minimum 5 years in a HR role in a growing fast-moving organisation
- Excellent attention to detail (particularly when under pressure)
- Comprehensive Microsoft knowledge – Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Demonstrable administration and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised
- Service oriented approach
- Good team player (‘can do’ attitude)
- Focused and self-motivated
- Flexible, supportive, willing to go the extra mile
- Confidential, discreet
- Enthusiastic, positive
We’re a small, yet fast growing team of passionate individuals. Our business is fast paced and the right candidate will very much have an all hands-on deck attitude so there will be a requirement to support in other areas of the business when required.
How to apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘HR Manager’ and a cover letter explaining why you would be the right candidate for the role. Closing date for applications: 30 September 2019