August’s Recipe: Vanilla Cheesecake with Vodka Strawberries
Autumn is drawing close and that means we have one last chance to make use of the delicious, seasonal produce we are able to get our hands on. There is nothing better than biting into a sweet, English strawberry and even better, when it is infused with our Original Potato Vodka. The only dessert recipe you’ll need this August…
Makes: 18 Squares
Preparation time: 1 hour
Setting time: overnight
For the Vodka infused strawberries:
3tbsp Caster sugar
300g Local strawberries
½ tsp Good quality vanilla paste
For the cheesecake:
250g Digestive biscuits
150g Butter, melted
1 tsp good quality vanilla paste
250g Icing sugar
250ml Double cream
600g Cream cheese
- To make the Vodka infused strawberries, simple hull and half the strawberries. Place into a bowl with the vodka, sugar, vanilla and gently stir. Leave for 3-4 hours and then separate the liquid and fruit – set aside for later.
- Meanwhile, to make the cheesecake, crush the biscuits with a rolling pin or in a food processor. Add the melted butter and combine really well – you may need a little more butter to ensure it sticks firmly together. Test this by simply pressing a little mixture between your fingertips – if it stays together you are safe, if it crumbles, add a little more melted butter.
- Using a parchment lined rectangular 20cmx30cm tin, press the mixture evenly and firmly to create a base.
- Place the cream cheese, icing, vanilla into a bowl and beat until smooth. Tip in the double cream and continue mixing until it is all combined and thickens a little.
- Pour the mixture on top of the base and smooth evenly. Put it into the fridge to set overnight.
- Once set, cut into small squares with a sharp knife. Upon serving, spoon over the strawberries and liquid – enjoy!