This wine exudes fresh fruit notes of peaches and orange peel, twinned with an alluring aroma of sandalwood. This depth of flavour is complemented by an opulent buttery texture and harmonised with hallmark Provençal acidity as it leads to a moreish nutty finish.
Grapes for the cuvée ‘Jolie’ (‘Pretty One’) herald from a small parcel of 45-year-old Côtes de Provence classified vines at Domaine Chase. Syrah and Cinsault grapes are hand-harvested in the early hours of the morning, pressed and then allowed a very short period of skin contact. 60% of the blend is fermented in new Burgundy barrels and the remaining 40% undergoes traditional fermentation in stainless steel. Controlled malolactic fermentation enhances the complexity of the wine both in flavour and texture. Bottling takes place after 10 months of ageing on-site at the Domaine.